Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I went from doom and gloom to optimistic since season end
(01-11-2018, 02:45 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: See with you guys that obsess over the o line this year like never before. But really it was two guys that were bad on the o line. Two guys emerged westerman and Redmond, the run game improved ,the line just wasn't bad starting the game before the Pittsburgh game. Yet you guys think we got to select 3-4 lineman. FALSE just get rid of Cedric and don't allow him on the line ,and atleast get a tackle somewhere ,Bodine needs replaced but I bet they bring him back.  Next year the o line will be fine.

Now as for #2 receiver I agree with you,lafell needs to go we got to do better then him,Ross is unproven and Boyd's been a slot. Where is the #2 going to come from I do not know . But losing lafell is a positive for us. 

I know fans really have no reason to think optimistic and I'm usually on the negative side like I said. But we know Dalton and pretty good coaches can get to the playoffs atleast. It's been proven. We lost important coaches after 2015 and didn't replace them. So now we are replacing bad coaches. So now we will see what they do the rest of the way after hiring these coaches which sounds like they will be better coaches.
People obsessed over the o-line because it cost us our season.  Way more than just " two guys" were bad on the o-line.  Ogbuehi, Fisher, Bodine, Hopkins, TJ Johnson and pretty much anybody that played right guard were bad. Smith was a somewhat serviceable band-aid solution at right tackle for a year. You also say "just get a tackle somewhere " like there easy to find and grow on trees.  You won't find a good one in free agency because it's a horrible class.  That means you have to draft one probably in the first round and start him as a rookie and you still need another one unless your confident in Fisher or Ogbuehi at the other tackle spot, which I'm not.  That's leaves center , Bodine is awful so you need to either draft a rookie center to start or find one In free agency.  Westerman and Redmond looked ok "in the two games they played I'm still not convinced that their starters.  Maybe one of them can win the right guard spot cause,  I'm leaving Boling at left guard.  So I'm sure how the o-line is just going to be "fine " next year. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I went from doom and gloom to optimistic since season end - lone bengal - 01-11-2018, 03:50 AM