Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I went from doom and gloom to optimistic since season end
(01-11-2018, 01:07 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I'm not drinking the cool aid. We won two games at the end of the year, got some new position coaches and everybody goes crazy. Marvin is still the coach so nothing will change far as him getting us over the hump. Just on the line alone we need a left tackle, center, right guard and right tackle  Everybody says address the line in free agency. This years o-line free agent class is terrible the only good player worth signing is Norwell the guard from the Panthers which some people on here have already mentioned. I doubt the Bengals will pay big money for a free agent period and doubt they will pay big money for a free agent guard. So that leaves the draft we need to draft at least two lineman in the first two rounds and they both will probably have to start and be good right away.  Whatever line coach you bring in won't be able to save Ogbuehi or Fisher unless he runs a system that requires lineman to let defenders run by untouched.  So your probably going to have to add 3 new lineman that have never played together, more than likely two will be rookies that have to be good right away so that right there is a huge task. Also who else can get open besides Green ? I don't know if Ross is even good or that he can stay healthy. Tyler Boyd was 'MIA' all season long , a healthy scratch for 2 games just because he had two good games at the end of the year i'm not buying into the fact that he can do it on a consistent basis.  I have hope for the defense because we have some good talent but we still need two linebackers and a safety that can make a ball on the ball.

Like i said, FA is where we will tell something. If we just go the normal route and get an aging LB i will be right with you.

But i like to stay a little positive so atleast there is something interesting to talk about on here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I went from doom and gloom to optimistic since season end - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-11-2018, 03:30 PM