Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack?
(01-12-2018, 03:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks for checking on that. Obviously Donald, Jarrett, and Jernigan are NFL quality players. I'll probably have to go check into like each game and see how Bodine did specifically, but it's likely I'll find he was better in college than I was giving him credit for.

But I'll reiterate what I said earlier...since he's a FA now, I still wouldn't look to bring him back because that likely would mean not drafting a C that I think could still easily be better than him.  Another Bodine contract is not a gamble I'd personally take.

I'm not suggesting that they give Bodine a nice contract, either.  The question asked by the OP was did anyone think that Bodine or Ogbuehi were salvageable.  I don't feel like Bodine could ever be a "top 5 at his position" type of player, but I do think that with some good coaching and utilizing him better to his strengths could at least move him from bottom of the barrel to "average" at his position.

Now, with the FA group being particularly lean at Center, I would expect the Bengals to at least offer him a "modest" contract, and draft his long term replacement.  I don't know, it's kind of a tough call, as we really don't know what Marvin, Lazor, and now Pollack even think of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack? - SunsetBengal - 01-12-2018, 04:09 PM