Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack?
(01-12-2018, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not suggesting that they give Bodine a nice contract, either.  The question asked by the OP was did anyone think that Bodine or Ogbuehi were salvageable.  I don't feel like Bodine could ever be a "top 5 at his position" type of player, but I do think that with some good coaching and utilizing him better to his strengths could at least move him from bottom of the barrel to "average" at his position.

Now, with the FA group being particularly lean at Center, I would expect the Bengals to at least offer him a "modest" contract, and draft his long term replacement.  I don't know, it's kind of a tough call, as we really don't know what Marvin, Lazor, and now Pollack even think of him.

It's less about the "size" of the contract and more about taking up a roster spot. If the Bengals re-sign Bodine, they better cut TJ Johnson. And Bodine better not make more than $4 mill a year. If he does, that's being overpaid IMO.

Personally, I keep TJ Johnson at $1.85 mill, let Bodine walk, draft a C, and let the new C and TJ Johnson compete for starter reps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack? - ochocincos - 01-12-2018, 05:31 PM