Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short write ups on some of my favorite players in draft part 1
(01-15-2018, 10:29 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would be wary of Washington NTs, after Danny Shelton has proven to be complete excrement...

Interestingly, everyone thought Shelton would be a beast both against the run and in the pass rush from the NT position. He had 9.0 sacks his final year at Washington. But in the three years in Cleveland, he's had 1.5 sacks total.

Vita Vea doesn't seem like as much of a pass rusher compared to Shelton either. And while Vea is a "monster" when it comes to strength, Shelton and Billings both were considered the same.
Would Vea, Shelton, and Billings have been such "monsters" if they played in the SEC or Big 10, which typically has bigger, stronger OL?

What I'm surprised is how quickly people are prepared to replace Billings after just one season. Yes, he wasn't the monster this past year we thought he was going to be, but he's only 22 years old (will be 23 in March) and switched from OL to DL in college, so he's still developing. If people have faith that Vea will be a dominant DT in the NFL, I don't see why the same still shouldn't be expected of Billings.

Pick 12 overall seems too early to go after a NT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Short write ups on some of my favorite players in draft part 1 - ochocincos - 01-15-2018, 10:56 AM