Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Bengals One and Done's
(01-15-2018, 01:16 PM)kevin Wrote: This year Steelers, Chiefs, Bills, Panthers, Rams all were One And Done's.  For their fans it hurts just as much. OK, Pittsburg has Super Bowl wins in modern history.  The fans in the other 4 cities don't.  I'm still not sure winning a bye week is a true One And Done since team moved into second round of play-offs.  I am sure I would rather make play-offs than not make play-offs.  These 5 teams at least gave their fans play-off years.  The Bengals at least gave fans 5 straight play-off seasons for a franchise not known for having 2 good seasons in a row.  I think most Bengals fans want team back in play-offs ASAP and hoping to go deeper than One and Done.  Still, look at Saints losing to Vikings in last 14 seconds and you see that even good teams can lose in the wildest of finishes.  Now they weren't One and Done, but still a tough loss. .....I point this out because we hear of Bengals One and Done's greatly but not these other teams.  Chiefs and Bills aren't known for going deep in play-offs either for a few decades.  So on the Bengals One and Dones, at least Coach Lewis got team to play-offs 7 times and those were 7 fun regular seasons of getting into play-offs.  Much better than Browns, unless you are a Draft Day nut and don't like the regular season. So 5 good teams had One and Done's this year because everybody in play-offs is good and somebody has to lose. Only one team can win Super Bowl.   I like that Bengals put together 5 straight play-off seasons even if the losses were hard, especially Chargers and Steelers in The Jungle losses.  Steelers, Chiefs and Rams will wonder how they lost at home this year.  .....So hoping Bengals get back to play-offs ASAP and hoping we finally get that play-off win, but knowing play-offs of any kind are better than no play-offs at all.  Even with our 13-18-1 record the last 2 years the road back to play-offs is not as far as Browns of 1-31 over the same 2 years. Anybody that doesn't see 7-9 as better than 0-16 doesn't know beans about football. ......So 5 good teams went One and Done and ESPN and such aren't beating it to death as they do Bengals. I'll finish by repeating losing in the play-offs is better than no play-offs at all and Hoping Bengals return to play-offs ASAP.

Sooooo the takeaway is the Bengals and fans should be happy with repeatedly going to the playoffs even if they haven't won a playoff game in the Mike Brown era because it's more enjoyable than not making playoffs?

I agree that it's more enjoyable to make playoffs vs not, but as you can see from the reaction of fan bases who are used to winning...the fan expectation for those franchises is conference championship or bust at minimum to consider it a successful season.

I think if you asked any Bengals fan 10 years ago whether making the playoffs equates to a successful season, nearly everyone would say yes because it rarely happened.
But after repeated playoff appearances, the bar has been raised. Now if you ask a Bengals fan the same thing, many would say no. Making the playoffs is now the expectation and winning 1+ playoff games is the goal to a satisfactory season. Anything short is disappointment.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
On Bengals One and Done's - kevin - 01-15-2018, 01:16 PM
RE: On Bengals One and Done's - Go Cards - 01-15-2018, 01:25 PM
RE: On Bengals One and Done's - bfine32 - 01-15-2018, 01:27 PM
RE: On Bengals One and Done's - Ctfan73 - 01-15-2018, 01:54 PM
RE: On Bengals One and Done's - Nately120 - 01-15-2018, 02:00 PM