Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Senior Bowl 2018 Mock with 53 Man Roster
(01-16-2018, 02:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Used overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/ for comp pick projections. 

The Bears traded up for tribisky last year. They might just be dumb enough

Perhaps.

Now I'll respond to the selections themselves...

Nelson - Hell of a prospect, but where would he play? Is he playing RG while Boling plays LG? If so, what to do with Westerman, Redmond?

Taven Bryan - I like him as a 3T to improve the pass rush.

Brian O'Neill - I haven't heard of him at all, but I HATE project players, especially before the 5th round. I think based on your first two picks, this is an ideal spot to take best center available...unless you have some optimism that Westerman or Redmond would move to center (no evidence in preseason games to show that). Or TJ Johnson is the starter at C?

Jamarco Jones - Early in the Fall, I saw Jones projected in the 2nd, then now I see him as low as a 4-5 rounder. I think ultimately the third round is where he'll land. I can be ok with the pick although I don't have high hopes he'll become a quality starter. There's a chance though.

Fumagalli - Solid TE that I think fits the Bengals well.

Warner - Haven't seen much on him. Given his size, what's his best LB spot? Expected starter or just backup potential?

Moore - I think you nailed his synopsis. He's a speedy, undersized LB that would probably have to play nickel LB as a rookie and work his way to becoming a starter. I don't see safety in his future though. Sleeper pick here.

Overall, I like the Nelson, Bryan, Jones, Fumagalli, and Moore picks. Would like to see a C drafted rather than a second mid-round OT though unless I heard commitment from the team that Westerman or Redmond was going to switch to C and get opportunities there in preseason games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre Senior Bowl 2018 Mock with 53 Man Roster - ochocincos - 01-16-2018, 03:18 PM