Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.'
(01-16-2018, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The problem to me is that the Bengals seem to purposely avoid taking a chance on upper tier free agents...even when they were going one and done five consecutive years and couldn't get over the hump. Their approach has always been extremely cautious and conservative, and that approach had yet to pay off when it matters most. 

I can get on board, to an extent.  Along with spending on upper tier FAs, a stronger line has to be drawn when it comes to re-signing/extending "less than upper tier" FAs currently on the team.  Best recent example that I can think of is the Dre K deal.  A very "average" CB, getting extended on a nice deal.  What they could have done is A. gave him a one year "prove it" deal, or B. Allowed him to walk, cut Adam Jones as well, went on to sign an upper tier CB, and drafted for another.

I completely get what you're saying.  However, I see it as unlikely that any huge moves happen this year.  Why?  Because that would involve something that Mike Brown is fundamentally against, cutting some players that are currently under contract in order to free up some money.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.' - SunsetBengal - 01-16-2018, 05:09 PM