Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.'
(01-16-2018, 04:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would like to add that Bengals should not be afraid of cutting underperforming vets, especially those who are in the final year of their contracts with no dead cap if cut. That would help open funds to address actual needs and therefore open the draft too.

Who is on your list?  I would cut MJ but the team won't.  Ditto Shawn Williams, although I am willing to give both a bit of a pass and hope the new coach puts MJ as a rotational DT (where he was surprisingly decent) and uses Williams more up at the LOS to stuff the rushing attack and easy check-downs.

I hate salary-cap discussions but if you think of players they will likely not be re-signing that are internal FA (Eifert, Adam Jones) there should be some money freed up right there.  I know they have to sign Dunlap and Atkins, but the increases of their contracts could easily be from not re-signing Jones and Eifert.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.' - SHRacerX - 01-17-2018, 12:04 PM