Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.'
(01-17-2018, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pat Sims and Kevin Minter don't need cut. They are set to hit FA in March.
DK has too much dead cap that the team would be willing to absorb, at least for the next couple seasons. He should be considered in 2020 though if he hasn't improved his game.
Nick Vigil, Ogbuehi, Nickerson, Ericson, and Hopkins are all on rookie contracts. It's not very expensive to keep them, but none of them should be starters for 2018 IMO. And for Ogbuehi especially, it's put up or shut up time in 2018 because if he sucks again, no reason to pick up his 5th year option and let him go elsewhere in 2019.

I think people are too hard on Shawn Williams because they want someone who is better in coverage and causing turnovers. He's still a solid safety, but the Bengals would be wise to find someone better in pass coverage than Williams. He's an in-the-box safety who should rotate in and out as needed. I'd also like to see him get some snaps as a nickel LB.
I disagree with your last paragraph. Why wouldn't you want someone better in coverage and causing turnovers, I'll add tackling?  If you can find someone or draft an upgrade over Williams then you do it. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.' - sandwedge - 01-17-2018, 01:42 PM