Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.'
(01-17-2018, 02:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So no, you don't need to have 22 above-average-to-elite level players. You just need very few poor performers.
The Bengals had the following below-average starters:
LT
C
RG
RT
WR2
FB
MLB
SLB
NT
CB2 (Kirkpatrick)

That's 10 underperforming starters.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.  Earlier in our exchange, when I made a list of player to jettison, pretty much all of those positions was on my list, adding in Williams at FS.

That is when you told me that they couldn't replace that many players, and I pointed to the Jaguars.

Now, perhaps it may be unrealistic to expect the same degree and impact of turnover as the Jags experienced, but I'd at least like to see the team make an earnest effort to improve over a variety of positions.

I'm not saying every positional upgrade has to be "elite" level, just better than what we have.  I feel like you can get by with (according to PFF grades) a mostly "average to above" talented roster, so long as you have a fair sprinkling of "Elite, Very Good, and Good" players in positions of emphasis.

Btw, apologies for cutting off the bulk of your post, that was some fine work you did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.' - SunsetBengal - 01-17-2018, 02:20 PM