Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.'
(01-17-2018, 02:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Okay, now we're getting somewhere.  Earlier in our exchange, when I made a list of player to jettison, pretty much all of those positions was on my list, adding in Williams at FS.

That is when you told me that they couldn't replace that many players, and I pointed to the Jaguars.

Now, perhaps it may be unrealistic to expect the same degree and impact of turnover as the Jags experienced, but I'd at least like to see the team make an earnest effort to improve over a variety of positions.

I'm not saying every positional upgrade has to be "elite" level, just better than what we have.  I feel like you can get by with (according to PFF grades) a mostly "average to above" talented roster, so long as you have a fair sprinkling of "Elite, Very Good, and Good" players in positions of emphasis.

Btw, apologies for cutting off the bulk of your post, that was some fine work you did.

Williams was not an underperformer though, he was average. Actually was rated higher than Iloka for 2017.
I'd be looking to find a new starting LB (or two), C, LT, and RT before looking to replace Williams.
As mentioned, I think the Bengals have replacements for MJ and Jones on the roster already and they are taking up a nice chunk of cap, so that's why I want them cut.
I think Westerman and Redmond showed enough that I'd be ok with either of them starting at RG over Hopkins, but I like Hopkins' versatility to play every position and he's cheap.
I think Boyd can do what LaFell does, so lateral move at worst. I wouldn't be opposed to a WR brought in through FA either.

And you said to replace 18 players, not 8. 18 is not realistic, but 8 is IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.' - ochocincos - 01-17-2018, 02:33 PM