Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.'
(01-17-2018, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Williams was not an underperformer though, he was average. Actually was rated higher than Iloka for 2017.
I'd be looking to find a new starting LB (or two), C, LT, and RT before looking to replace Williams.
As mentioned, I think the Bengals have replacements for MJ and Jones on the roster already and they are taking up a nice chunk of cap, so that's why I want them cut.
I think Westerman and Redmond showed enough that I'd be ok with either of them starting at RG over Hopkins, but I like Hopkins' versatility to play every position and he's cheap.
I think Boyd can do what LaFell does, so lateral move at worst. I wouldn't be opposed to a WR brought in through FA either.

And you said to replace 18 players, not 8. 18 is not realistic, but 8 is IMO.

Well, I already mentioned that Williams is just average, when he's fully healthy.  I guess that I just see the Safety position as one where having "good" or better talent really benefits the defense.  Remember Reggie Nelson?  Iloka looked like a future superstar playing next to him, back there.  

As far as I have witnessed, Williams does nothing to elevate the level of play of his teammates.  In addition to being a marvelous "Center Fielder", I feel like a FS in a 4-3 should also be your surest tackler on the team.  I really liked him coming out of Georgia, but I've not seen him develop any of the characteristics that I mentioned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'It’s time for the Bengals to alter their offseason mindset.' - SunsetBengal - 01-17-2018, 02:42 PM