Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hobson back with his first propaganda piece
(01-17-2018, 10:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know that Hobson works for the Bengals and tries to put a positive spin on everything, but in this case I lterally think he is messing with the guy who asked this question

How is Marvin going to fix the horrible clock management? Tony Cox, Hooven, OH

TONY: The same way you fix your offense or your defense or both. Run the ball. That's always the answer when you're struggling in this league. When you know you can make 4.2 yards per carry and can hand it off on third-and-three, that makes everything easier. For your QB and your offensive line and for your thankful defense that can watch from the sidelines and limit their vulnerabilities. And it helps your coach. It helps you drain the clock and that's an easier clock to manage.

Could Hobson really be this clueless?  Even I admit that Marvin has problems with managing the clock at the end of halves.

Yes, this stood out to me as well. Really? Just run the clock out, that is the way to manage it lol

The biggest problem around here has been the lack of aggressiveness going into the half and the lack of aggressiveness in the
2nd half for heck sake! Saying just run the ball without the O-line to do so is just crazy talk and would be just what we have
seen for years, too conservative and just leads to more losses.

Sure we need to get much better at running the ball in the 2nd half so we can close out games when we have to but playing
unpredictable goes hand in hand with this. In order to be unpredictable we need to use both of our excellent pass catching RB's
in the passing game and get a FA or two more on the O-line to make this happen.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson back with his first propaganda piece - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-17-2018, 03:53 PM