Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander goes to bat for Ogbuehi and Fisher on his way out"
(01-18-2018, 02:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season is about game planning for a specific opponent.  They don't really have enough time to work on technique and even if the player and coach are willing to spend extra time they can't get enough live reps with the rest of the team to work on it..

This is why it was so bad that Ogbuehi did not have a healthy training camp his first two seasons.  That is where almost all of the work on technique takes place.

I get that....but when a guy is that far off, you either put in as much extra time as you can (especially if YOU are the one that lobbied for the pick), or you bench the guy.  Let's face it....Og was/is WAY off.

When I transitioned to playing some center and took over longsnapping during a season, I stayed after practice and so did my coach, working on longsnaps.  If a guy getting paid a supplemental salary to coach can do it, you'd think a guy getting paid professionally could do it.  He came off as lazy and arrogant the way he worded his statement. The only benefit we had was I could play an extra game a week on the jv squad in order to learn. However, that's one less day of practicing the technique.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Alexander goes to bat for Ogbuehi and Fisher on his way out" - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-18-2018, 02:58 AM