Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander goes to bat for Ogbuehi and Fisher on his way out"
(01-18-2018, 01:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's hard for me to get a read on the guy.  Being fair, he finished his bowl game playing on a torn ACL.  That shows a lot of heart and toughness.  But he does have that sort of "don't care" attitude about him.  His draft night reaction could have been due to a number of reasons.  For example, if the Patriots tell you "We're going to pick you if you make it to us," and the Bengals take you a few picks before then, you're likely to be disappointed.  

Whatever the case is, though, both Og and Fisher have had their second chances, and we'd be dumb to give them a 3rd based on what we've seen.

Mhm, I gotcha and that makes sense/is fair.

I agree on the last statement.

(01-18-2018, 02:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: You really have to be a mind reader of epic proportions to watch and figure out exactly what is going on in somebody's mind from a few hundred feet away or watching on TV especially during the heat of a play gone bad.. 
I don't have the first clue what these guys are thinking when they turn around to see Andy getting sacked, but I kind of doubt it's along the lines of "Oh well..I'm getting paid a gazillion bucks so what do I care?"
They know that at the end of the day if they're playing horrible their job becomes less and less secure..
I suspect it's more likely that they feel the pressure and hope to gawd that the next play doesn't go as bad.. Who really knows other than the players themselves? 
At any rate PA is gone and there's a new sheriff in town and if Pollack can turn these guys into top shelf players more power to him. I have my doubts that they're going to just sh*tcan everyone and start from scratch..

On the field, you can't tell if people just, "give up," and all that, as it is hard to see body language with a ton of equipment on you and even harder to see emotions and the like when you have a facemask.

If they were rugby players, I think it would be simpler to ascertain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Alexander goes to bat for Ogbuehi and Fisher on his way out" - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-18-2018, 03:16 PM