Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander goes to bat for Ogbuehi and Fisher on his way out"
(01-19-2018, 02:31 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I feel like we can move on from Ced. He sucks at both tackle spots. I'm willing to give Fisher another chance. Hopefully we can get his health issues taken care of. We've seen some flashes of good things from him. He might be able to do something with his heart issues under control. 

Its tricky to talk about Fisher in some ways because it might come across as harsh based on his condition.

I do think we have to be realistic though. For large chunks of this season he was as bad as Ced - somehow he gets more of a pass probably because he was not a rd1 pick , seen as being more aggressive, whatever....

Whether its talent or illness it does not really matter - can we rely on him to be a good starter at OT next year?   

For me its absolutely not and I would resign Andre (as the new Winston, back up OT) and invest time in Boling being the LT.

I think in the draft and maybe F Agency they then go with the best option/draftee they like best irrespective of OL position - if that happens to land them a viable LT then move Boling,  if it gets them a viable OG then relegate Hopkins and keep Boling at LT.

If they resign Smith and plan for Boling at LT if required they don't have to reach for an OT.......now Center on the other hand....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Alexander goes to bat for Ogbuehi and Fisher on his way out" - sonofstat - 01-19-2018, 01:14 PM