Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(04-28-2016, 12:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh my god, are you actually saying parents may actually have to discuss things with their kids?!  EGADS!!!

Look, I'm 34 now and when I was a kid I didn't think anything of being left-handed or seeing black people use the same facilities as white people BUT I later found out that apparently those things were like totally BAD at one point in our history.  Go figure.

There is always going to be something a minority of our society rails against for their own agenda under the guise of protecting women and children.  Left-handedness, desegregation, interracial marriage, homosexuality, transgendered rights, etc.  You'd be amazed at how big an issue these things were but we now no longer even consider them (well, most of us...I have a few friends who were forced to be right-handed and I know at least one old lady who gives a tsk tsk when she sees a white woman with a black man).

Basically, if your kid asks you why people use their left hand, are allowed to use the same water fountain, marry people of a different race, marry people of the sam sex, use the restroom of the "opposite sex" and so on YOU have the freedom to tell him/her whatever you like.  That's the fun of being free.  You can tell your kid what he sees is a damn tragedy and an abomination and I can tell my kids it's A-OK!  Or, said kids may never even find such things nearly as crazy as we do.  Let's face it, we always hear that sort of "Oh, my dad isn't racist so much as he's just from a different time!" defense pretty often.  Our society keeps marching down a more socially liberal path and if you just stay put with your age group you start to look out of touch and from a "different time."

But why make laws to prevent you from having to answer questions you find awkward?  You're free to tell your kids how wrong any sort of social progress in the past century is.  Neat huh?

Oddly enough, I'm 47, and I can remember them trying to get me to use my right hand, in elementary school.  I remember it well, because my father is Left-handed, as well.  He went and raised holy hell with the school.

We are, the 12%.
The few,
The multi-talented.
The Left-handed nation..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - SunsetBengal - 04-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM