Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(09-11-2016, 12:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because that wouldn't guarantee the release of the Israelites. There's more to it than that but that's the simple answer.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Yeah, it is funny how amazingly difficult doing one thing can be when you're omnipotent and capable of doing all things. 

Maybe instead of hardening Pharaoh's heart so he wouldn't release the Israelites for His own glory after Pharaoh agreed to free them He could have instead softened Pharaoh's heart which would have prevented so much death and suffering. But, then He couldn't show everyone what a badass He was for His own glory. What is a deity to do with all those plagues and no place to go? Have you ever tried to return a plague to The Plague Store where you bought it?  They only give you store credit towards natural disasters and miscellaneous Acts of God . . . like making Jesus' image appear on a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm not sure why the biggest badass on the block needed to prove anything to something as insignificant as humans. 

Oh, and so much for Pharaoh's free will. 

Pharaoh: "Okay Moses, I'll let your people go. "

God: You will not let Moses' people go. 

Pharaoh: "Moses, I will not let your people go."

So God could guarantee the Israelites couldn't be released, but couldn't guarantee they would be released? And here we all thought the original Jedi mind trick happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away on a sleepy, little planet called Tatooine. Mind blown. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-15-2016, 02:42 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM