Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(09-15-2016, 01:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: First, Pharaoh's heart was already hardened prior to God hardening it (Exodus 7:13, 22; Ex 8:15, 19, 32) so it's not like God had to do all tha tmuch to harden it. Pharoah was not a kind and benevolent dictator. He was a cruel and brutal man who had no qualms about murdering millions of newborn baby boys simply to keep his SLAVES from rising up.

Secondly, yes, God wanted to display His power so that the God's name would be proclaimed throughout the earth.

Lastly, God could've softened Pharaoh's heart, but you forget that after FINALLY letting the Israelites go free, Pharaoh changed his mind and went after them. So maybe God, being omniscient and all, knew that if he softened Pharaoh's heart, it wouldn't last long and Pharoah would eventually change his mind.

I don't mind continuing this, but if you are REALLY interested in discussing this further, I think it best to do so in its own thread so that we might let this thread continue to be about memes, jokes, etc.

This is a joke. 

He can create the universe and everything in it out of nothing. He can create a man out of dust and a woman from a rib bone. He can flood the entire Earth. He can part the Red Sea. He can rise from the dead three days after dying. He impregnated His own virgin mother who gave birth to Him. And many more miracles. 

But, He can't make one of His asshole kids behave and stop bothering His favorite kids in the daycare He owns and operates. 

If He did know softening Pharaoh's heart would only be temporary then soften his heart again. And if the effects of softening Pharaoh's heart came with an expiration date then there is a limit to magical powers which means he isn't omnipotent. If God can do all things then he could have softened Pharoah's heart permanently. 

I find this hilarious. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM