Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(08-28-2017, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A lot of folks think that jobs like plumbing and HVAC are overpaid.  But, you never have to worry about the "Megans" of the world flooding the trade school market, as those jobs involve real work.  Those guys pay their dues, spending the day in a 130 degree attic, installing ducting, etc., or spending the day in a nasty crawlspace with rats, snakes and whatever else isn't for the light hearted.  

A lot of people think everyone is overpaid except them.  The whole "Megan vs Mark" or whatever the guy's name was just smacks of class warfare where everyone just wants to fellate themselves because they chose the "right path" and the others didn't.

Yes, maybe colleges have people who can't "do real work" and maybe trade schools have people who are "too stupid" to do a job that doesn't require being surrounded by carcinogens and blazing heat.  I've worked all sorts of jobs and most people are completely fine with the fact that I'm either more educated or more blue collar than them, depending on the position.  The people who got all high and mighty because I had a different background than them were just assholes.

We are socially and biologically programmed to convince ourselves that we are right and awesome and better than the other side.  Blue collar, white collar, just go to work.  If you want to sit there on the job and daydream about how much awesomer you are than the people who took the "other path" in life, knock yourself out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - Nately120 - 08-28-2017, 10:26 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM