Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(06-05-2019, 12:23 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL I'll let you have the last word then.  Almost. 

Though my Duden reminds me of a wider range of usage, I think you are right, since found they use the same phrase for landmines, and they do mean "insert the detonator," not "activate" it. Makes sense there.

I just can't figure out why they would write that on a grenade. Just more nit-picky German exactness?

Germans need to change some of their words.

Well sure there's a wider range of possible meanings, but they all would make no sense. Neither would "utilize detonator before use", which is literally the worst thing one could do. - Why they would write it there, I would not know. I'm not German, after all. Maybe it's a legal issue, so they do not insert the wrong thing or whatever. Maybe some just forgot otherwise. Germans are stupid. I'm Austrian, we are bound by honor to say that once in a while.

And it's not like the English language does not have its share of confusing words. Whenever I tell some English person that I'd like to indroduce them to my ****, they usually run away, which makes my rooster really sad.

- I'm sorry for that lewd comment, but there's usually one person who gives away rep points for that kind of thing, so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - hollodero - 06-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM