Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(02-26-2020, 08:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: That's not the disingenuousness I was talking about. I guess you are aware of that.

Here's the first disingenuous part: Saying that "the media" is calling Bernie a Russian puppet. The media does not do that. At all. They cited intelligence findings that Russia might or is helping Bernie in the primaries. (The intelligence community is saying Russia's goal in helping certain candidates is to sow division. The media leave this part out while giving Bloomberg and Biden air time to also leave that part out and use it to attack Bernie). A narrative that is not the media's fault to begin with, this comes from intelligence. Unlike Trump, Bernie just acknowledges that.
And also, they do not call him a Nazi. One news relict that talks a lot of stupid stuff made a comparison in bad taste. (Well since that is exactly what the meme is about I'm not sure how you can argue this part.) He got backlash from all sides for that, and no other moderator ever repated the line. And looking at what Matthews said, it was probably not so much about Nazis or Bernie being a Nazi as it was about the situation a french general was in back in '40, just realizing that "it's over". It was a bad thing to say, but transforming it to a sentence like "the media calls Bernie a Nazi" is awfully dishonest. "Aging Chris Matthews rambles rubbish as often" would be the honest summary. (I suppose invoking Nazism by likening his campaign success to the third Reich is the is not as bad as saying "Bernie is a Nazi")

Now as for Trump and the second disingenuous part, there's still a reason why the FBI had its suspicions regarding the Trump campaign and Russia. Not media spins and falsehoods. But multiple strange or alarming events. Don't let me list them, you kow all that, from Papadopoulos to Flynn to Manafort to Stone to Trump Tower meetings and so on and so on. These weren't "tricks" or "baseless reports". (All of those people listed were part of the Mueller report and Mueller said no American knowingly or purposely colluded with Russia) And as for the Nazi angle, there are still many that honestly can't quite imagine how good people just incidentally keep marching alongside Nazis for some common cause. Trump earned his critical perception. Not just by saying "good people on both sides", (the "both sides" quotes is objectively wrong everytime it is used against Trump. The actual quote is " [b][b]I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists, because they should be condemned totally[/b] — but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and White nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers") [/b]but maybe even more so by saying "bad people on both sides" and then solely talking and lieing about the protesters' alleged wrongdoings. Also, David Duke endorsed him. (What does he have to do with anything? Communists are endorsing and voting for Bernie and that doesn't make Bernie a communist. Bernie certainly hasn't gone out of his way to condemn communism and yet that still doesn't make him a commie) Also, quite some more things. Not saying Trump is a Nazi mind you, and neither do the respected media people, they really don't. Except maybe for Chris Matthews aka "the whole media", for this guy talks too much nonsense. But they are dritical of his response to Nazis, and that is reasonable enough.
Now see that as you want, you might have a different perspective on that and I won't argue about it. But "baseless accusations" and "tricks" is not what happened to poor Trump. This is not a media conspiracy and these accusations are way off.

And now for the rousing conclusion of your meme, there's the claim Trump is just as smeared as Bernie got smeared, that is what the mainstream media does, and the average MSM watcher ist just too freakishly stupid and gullible to get it. Yeah, hard to lose any more words about that. Awful, awful meme. /rant.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - 6andcounting - 02-27-2020, 08:31 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM