Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(03-12-2021, 07:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ah, so you move the goal post from "mass shootings" to "mass shootings with high body counts". Even though the 3rd most deadly shooting was from handguns. Why go after rifles when handguns have 3x the total body count? Does people's lives not matter as much if it's a steady stream of deaths with a higher total compared to a big spike, but a less total?

When sub 10% of criminals guns are legally obtained it's obvious that more laws aren't going to stop it. The people doing the mass shootings are getting the guns from the black market most of the time (which is the highest % of where they get it by far). You'll have to go after the source of where they're getting it, not the source where law abiding citizens get it.

I'm a bit late getting back to this. Sorry to leave you hanging. Two quick points:

"Goalposts" are something that ought ought be agreed on ahead of time. Yours were never mine, so I am not "moving" them.

No one disputes that most shootings involve handguns. The issue here, as I understand it, is whether semi-automatic weapons with large magazines make killing more efficient. A shooter who wanted the highest possible body count would likely take an AR-15 over a handgun. Shootings with high body counts, here and abroad, tend to involve automatic weapons. 

For that reason, I don't find it beyond the pale to consider restrictions on semi-automatic weapons and large capacity magazines. I am not swayed by the counter argument that only criminals will then have such weapons, which seem to ignore the legal logic behind any and all restriction of dangerous goods. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - Dill - 03-15-2021, 11:36 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM