Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O interview with Mike Brown
(01-19-2018, 08:34 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: While Mr. Brown did a pretty nice job explaining the moves he made, I too fear things really aren't going to change overnight with Marvin still here; 15 years of "almost" pretty much proves that. I said all along we would have been miles ahead to lose those last two and be picking much higher in every round, with a new coach to guide us in our efforts; I just really believe that is the case, and I can't jump on the hype train. I guess time will tell, but I'm not going all in until we make the playoffs and win at least one game. Then and only then will I believe the status quo with Marvin really has changed. I guess I'm from Missouri.....

I agree, and would have preferred to lose the last two games and clean house. More of the same

(01-19-2018, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sadly, I fear that not much of anything will change, until Mr. Brown decides to retire.  I feel like there's much more to the story than the same canned rhetoric that we see from Mr. Brown, year after year.  I feel like he's a great man, and has the best of intentions at heart, but is still functioning in the pre-modern free agency era.  In my opinion, the greatest thing that he could do is hire an actual, modern football General Manager and turn football operations over to that individual.

Yes, and no. Nothing will change until Mikey is not calling any shots. It's the same story, he's utterly inept as nfl owner.

(01-19-2018, 10:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nice job by Jim O, but it's standard issue answers from Mike. Same low standards, same boasting about mediocre achievements. What team with championship aspirations brags about a few consecutive playoff appearances that all ended in epic failure? What team brings back a HC with a 15 year long resume based on the performance in a couple meaningless games down the stretch?

A team not interested in winning? When marvins extension was announced everything I read about it couldn't really believe he was brought back

(01-19-2018, 11:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think this interview is pure evidence your not going to see this team succeed anytime soon. When you ask the owner what you do to get over the hurdles of the same out come for the past 15 years and hear repeatedly that "We're close" is ridiculous. YOU'VE BEEN CLOSE OVER AND OVER!

Gimme a break, hes a comfortable lazy owner.

It was nice to see Jim call him out with the questions in a respectable way. Nice job, unfortunately the answers only reinforce how poorly this organization is run.

Bingo.
(01-20-2018, 12:22 AM)Joelist Wrote: That was a pretty hope crushing interview. The ONLY way we have for this team to be championship caliber or even good is to hit Free Agency fast and aggressive. There simply are too many holes for the draft to fill.

It was. I just can't get behind this team anymore. It's the same shit, different year. Even if I can buy into the notion that these new coaches with their fresh ideas can turn some things around, they will still be coaching retread free agents and draft picks. And Marvin will still be mis managing the clock, making stupid challenges and downplaying big games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O interview with Mike Brown - pally - 01-19-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - BenZoo2 - 01-20-2018, 12:38 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:24 PM