Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O interview with Mike Brown
(01-19-2018, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mike normally doesn't do interviews, and I guess I'm in the minority that didn't think he did too bad in this one and liked some of the things I heard.

Every other year, it's just "we did some things good, but we just need to improve."  This interview has some of that, but it also has more sound of direction and that Mike finally pulled the trigger and did the things needed to improve the team.

He seemed to take notice of the weaknesses and not just say "we need to get better in a lot of areas" and he's actually doing something about it:

It's still up in the air whether or not he'll actually be active in free agency and the draft to try to improve those things, but it sounds like he will and he's acknowledging specific weaknesses instead of just saying general statements about the entire team.

Then he goes on about the coaches and about how the sweeping change should bring an entire change of culture:

The fact that he even says that it's unprecedented (or us, anyways) and that we need new, fresh ideas gets me excited.

Like I said, it sounds like I'm in the minority, but this is another thing for me to like so far this offseason!

Nice post.    He is not an idiot.

But what I'm hearing is this is primarily the offense's fault.   And I disagree.  It is not JUST a function of the offense's ability to stay on the field.  The defense was often a sieve at the beginning of the game.  They have a number of holes on the defense:
  • We really have just one bona fide corner.  All the others have significant flaws.  The best two are Jackson and Dennard, but we could use another true shut down corner - one that can tackle
  • Our front seven is really bad against the run. 
  • Linemen get washed out of their gaps, linebackers can't cover and can't shed - and often cannot tackle. 
  • We really only have one good linebacker
  • We really only have 2 quality d linemen
So I probably underestimate our D, but I think Mr. Brown over estimates our D.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O interview with Mike Brown - pally - 01-19-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:24 PM