Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who are you guys rooting for?
It's boring, because they always seem to win, but I'm going with the Pats.

Look, it's all but guaranteed that the Bengals will lose every game they play vs Pittsburgh for as long as Marvin is the HC. He's demonstrated that he can't get his teams ready to play them. Could be a close game, could be a blowout. Either way, it's an absolute certainty that it will be humiliating for Marvin and company. From fake punts with huge leads to 4th down passes tossed out of bounds, to massive halftime leads evaporating, it just doesn't matter.

The inverse of this is that Mike Tomlin will get his ass handed to him by Bellichick in a very similar fashion when Pittsburgh runs into the Pats. He goes from cocky shit-talker to going home with his tail between his legs every single time. It's about the only non-Bengal related moment of football season I really look forward to.

Got the best running back in the league? An MVP-caliber receiver? A HOF quarterback? Doesn't matter. The Bengals have none of those things when they face the Steelers and the Steelers have all of them when they play the Pats. They've gotten nothing for it but finger-pointing in the locker room and minority shareholders questioning their HC. I love it. It means so much. It means that no matter how bad they beat Cincinnati and how much shit they talk, they're still doomed to the same fate and heartbreak every season that Brady and Bellichick are in the league.

You dominate the Bengals? Big deal. We're a turd organization with a turd coach and a turd owner competing in the NFL with one hand tied behind our backs. But until they can unseat the Pats, that's going to be their crowning achievement. They run up stats and beat the Bengals. Yay!

I'll deal with the monotony of another NE title to keep that system in place until Ben and Tomlin are both done and have nothing else to show for it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - Mer - 01-23-2018, 06:03 PM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - CKwi88 - 01-23-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - McC - 01-23-2018, 09:40 PM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - McC - 01-23-2018, 09:43 PM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - McC - 01-24-2018, 12:21 PM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - jason - 01-24-2018, 03:08 PM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - Sled21 - 01-24-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - kevin - 01-25-2018, 02:57 AM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - treee - 01-25-2018, 03:06 AM
RE: Who are you guys rooting for? - TSwigZ - 01-26-2018, 05:34 AM