Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suspenders/braces/bib overalls
I have a regular sized body with a big beer belly. No matter how tightly I cinch up a belt it will fall below my belly if I sit down and get up a couple of times. I have to wear suits for my job and I was constantly having to pull up my pants and re-tuck my shirt. So I decided to to try braces (suspenders). They are amazing. I can wear my pants so they are comfortable and not cutting into my stomach around my waist yet my pants never fall down and my shirt never comes un-tucked.

They worked so well that I decided to get some bib overalls for work pants. Having my pants constantly drooping down under my belly in court was embarrassing, but having that happen while I am working with my hands full is actually dangerous. And many times I would try to carry stuff like a screwdriver, knife, tape measure, or other tools in my pockets which made my pants fall down even faster. Not only do bib overalls not fall down but they also have lots of large pockets and some even have loops to carry a hammer or paintbrush.

So if any of you are built like I am and having problems with your belt slipping down under your belly and your shirt coming untucked I highly recommend you try braces. The dressy type are outrageously priced in clothing stores, but you can get them on Amazon for around $10 a pair. I have a pair to match each suite and just leave them buttoned on the pants pants all the time.

The bib overalls are even more awesome. You can squat or crawl or do anything and your pants won't slip down. Plus you have lots of pockets to carry the stuff you need.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
suspenders/braces/bib overalls - fredtoast - 01-24-2018, 04:29 PM