Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-07-2018, 06:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This sort of illustrates the problem Fred.

The Bengals have had 7 opportunities in the playoffs. During those 7 opportunities, there have been different scenarios: favorites, underdogs, home, away, more talented, less talented, relatively healthy, important injuries, etc, etc. 

The Bengals have been able take advantage of, or win in spite of, exactly zero of those situations. Zero times in 7 chances. That's more than just players not performing well. It's more than just mistakes or bad breaks. It's a failing from the top - Marvin and his staffs...from game plans, to adjustments, to preparation for big stage pressure.

When you lose 7 times in 7 straight chances, including 5 consecutive, all under the same head coach...there comes a point where the obvious conclusion is that the head coach is in over his head in terms of the challenges of postseason play. People can make as many excuses as they want for each individual game, but at the end of the day - instead of talking about a playoff win or two - that's all we're left with...a myriad of excuses.

I haven't researched the exact mathematical statistics on the likelihood of losing 7 straight playoff appearances, but I would imagine the odds to be pretty slim.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - SunsetBengal - 02-07-2018, 08:07 PM