Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Rock Gods exist in today’s music?
(02-01-2018, 12:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No need to be sorry for not agreeing.  However, just look at the names that you have mentioned.  They are all long established of the "rock god" status.  The point of the thread was asking what Rock gods exist in "today's" music.  

Sure, those old acts can manufacture a pop hit or two, to keep the revenue flowing.  However, your logic is to look at Grandpa's that are still makin' music, but now with the aid of "autotune".  Let's keep this to acts that have debuted since (I'll give an arbitrary date of 1990) and see how many anyone can come up with?

Alice in Chains had the chance, but drug overdoses did them in.  I had the fortune of seeing them live in 1996.....one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I also love KWS....I've seen him twice, and he kills it. I also liked Jonny Lang, but he fell off a cliff.

Buddy Guy is still out there scorching that Stratocaster.....if you haven't seen him, do it.  I've seen him 3 times, and I will go again.

I'd recommend Robert Randolph and the Family Band as well, he's uber talented, but so is the rest of the band.

The re-vamped Guns n Roses was great too, I was actually kinda shocked how good they still are.  Awesome show.

I know it doesn't fit the criteria, but Chuck Berry's last album was VERY good.

The Record Company is a new act to keep an eye on. I caught Blackberry Smoke last year, pretty damn good.

As McC noted, it's all Indie now, kinda hard to have a rock god these days.

Out of those still around from the 90s....

Kravitz
Vedder (even though I'm not a PJ fan, he was great solo at Bourbon & Beyond last year)
Tom Morello
Jack White
Zombie
Perry Ferrel
Jerry Cantrell
Derrick Trucks
Warren Haynes
Flea
Reznor
Claypool
Maynard James Keenan

Those that had a chance:

Dimebag Darrell
Layne Staley
Scott Weiland
Bradley Nowell (Sublime)
Chris Cornell
Cobain (even though I wasn't a Nirvana fan)

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Rock Gods exist in today’s music? - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-01-2018, 11:30 AM