Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Rock Gods exist in today’s music?
(01-31-2018, 11:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I just threw up a little in my mouth.....

Kid Rock will never be a rock god in this household.  Sure he had 4 or 5 good songs but after that it’s all garbage.   Sorry Sunset, I can kind of see your point but Steven Tyler is still around. The Stones are still around.  Hell, Cheap Trick is still kicking out new music. I’ll take any one of them over KR.

Kid Rock is flaming dogshit.  He was gimmicky and stupid when he came out with the whole rap-rock wave in the late nineties, and he's a hack as a country/southern rock artist.  Without his persona and established fame, he wouldn't be fit to play a bar in Nashville on a Tuesday night.  He's a walking beer commercial and nothing more.  

I won't lie, I've always hated his guts since I first heard him play Warped Tour in Cleveland in 1998.  They booed his ass right off the stage that afternoon.  Unlistenable, and that's saying something at a punk rock festival.  

The moment my hate for him was solidified, however, was when he made that "All Summer Long" abortion.  Make shitty music if you want.  Hell, get rich doing it if you can get away with it.  More power to you.  Just don't water down two classic songs in the process and act like you're talented for doing it.  He should have had his nuts cut off and rammed up his colon for that transgression.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Rock Gods exist in today’s music? - samhain - 02-02-2018, 12:12 AM