Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your stories from the Freezer Bowl
(02-02-2018, 07:22 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: I was only 2 years old when the freezer bowl happened so don't remember a thing from it.   Just curious for those who attended the game or lived closed to the city during the time of the game.   What's your story?

There I was.......

OK, I was there and have shared the story before I think. The first thing I remember is getting in my car to go. I had a 1978 Trans Am and I put my key in to open the door and it snapped off inside the lock. Luckily those were the days when the door key and the ignition key were different, plus a coat hanger could easily unlock the door.

This was a game at which we did not tailgate and to get into the stadium if you knew the right door and had $20 you could get in without a ticket. I was a member of the Ohio National Guard back then and one of our Platoon members with a Cincy Cop that worked the field on game day, so we got down on the field pre-game.

The rest was just walking around the Stadium watching the game from various vantage points. I cannot remember many plays nor can I recall the famous "our oline wore short sleeves" situation; however, I do remember that it seemed our D forced a TO in about every drive.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your stories from the Freezer Bowl - bfine32 - 02-02-2018, 07:48 PM