Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How many steelers fans pretend...
(02-06-2018, 10:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't switch from the Steelers (and I think I've told this before) but back in high school, maybe sophomore year so around 84-85, a friend and I decided to pick one awful team and start rooting for them so if they ever won we could say we weren't "bandwagon fans" .

He picked the Jets.  I picked the Saints.  I already had an autographed (reproduction) of Archie Manning that I had gotten years earlier so it seemed a good fit.

After a couple decades of cheering for them it obviously wasn't just a joke anymore.  I really am a Saints fan.  And a couple years before they won their super bowl we got new neighbors and she was from Louisiana and a huge Saints fan so we bonded over that and had the Super Bowl part at their house!   Smirk   

But the Steelers always come first.

Yeah I can see second team.  i was pulling for Minnie this year.  Of course part of that was to show Mike Brown what a moron he is.  They didn't make the Super Bowl but they did make the championship game, but I'm guessing it still didn't enter Mikey's brain for one second that he might have effed that one up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many steelers fans pretend... - michaelsean - 02-06-2018, 10:45 AM