Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky?
(02-11-2018, 03:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How does that in any way change the fact that it was a stupid throw by Warner?

They were lucky that Warner looked directly at his receiver the entire time and threw it to between the hashes when the ball started on the 3, both of which are HUGE no-nos.

That's not luck on the part of the Steelers. If you want to look at the play your way it was a bad play...not bad luck. In fact it was a GOOD play, not luck, by Harrison. If he doesn't make that play it IS a TD. "stupid throw" or not.

(02-11-2018, 03:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No one knows, but it seems likely that the Bengals win.

You have to figure that we would have scored there instead of kicking a field goal and gone up 7-0, and then just continued to control the game (the Steelers didn't score in the first quarter and we added a TD), and then you have to know that the halftime blow-up doesn't happen with Chad (if it did even happen) and then we keep riding the momentum and Carson keeps being Carson.

Henry got hurt making the catch too, didn't he?

Besides that your opinion about what happened during and after halftime is based on something you don't even know really happened. Point is the Bengals had the lead and blew it away.

(02-11-2018, 03:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What do you mean by Marvin does Marvin things?  Even if you have some sort of answer, that's still the Steelers getting lucky.

Like not adjusting to having to go with he back up qb and altering the game plan. Instead he played to "not lose" and he lost. ) and the playoffs during his tenure says more to me about how that game might have ended even with Palmer than anything else.

(02-11-2018, 03:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, only a stupid quarterback throws a slant inside the hashes from the 3 yard-line, especially one that close to the line, and it hit Harrison in the stomach, so not like he made a difficult catch (it would have been next-to-impossible to drop that), and then just had to run a straight line for 100 yards....  not like he made some Barry Sanders moves to make guys miss.

Yeah, he didn't hurdle anyone, shake off tackles, nothing. Just ran in a straight line. Mellow

I apologize for forgetting that I was trying to have a sensible discussion in smack talk. ThumbsUp

https://youtu.be/uYtxoNgvIFI90's Bills would be a better example.

Aside from the tuck rule, the Pats just played solid games and outplayed the other teams to victory, even if they had to win on last-second field goals, whereas the Steelers most likely don't win those games if not for those two plays.
[/quote]

Actually short of the last two Super Bowls the Patriots didn't "outplay" their opponents much at all. Even in this last loss Brady set all kinds of records but they only led once and he couldn't bring them back so I'd say the Eagles outplayed the Patriots almost the entire game.

You're willing to overlook the overall play of the Steelers against the Bengals (and in the next three games they had to win to be Super Bowl champions) AND the game winning drive by them against Arizona...including an amazing throw and catch for the game winning TD and a strip fumble to end the game. BUT you can't acknowledge that NE squeaked by in three wins and "got lucky" due to "stupid" plays by their opponents in their wins.

Well, I tried.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky? - GMDino - 02-11-2018, 05:48 PM