Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky?
(02-16-2018, 06:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: False.  

Scoring a TD on the opening drive, along with the high-powered, up-tempo offense that Palmer led would have had us smoking you.  We hadn't lost a game that season when we scored a touchdown before the other team.

Being at home with the energy of the crowd and the team fired up means that it's not a foregone conclusion that we'd win, but it was pretty probable.  

However, all that aside, you're admitting that it's not a given that they win, but you don't think it was lucky for them that Carson went down?

Not ANYWHERE near the same amount of momentum as that big of a play on the first offensive play and then scoring, especially on the road.

Have you ever seen an offense come out on the field after a fumble?  Typically, they're not all jumping up and down and celebrating, especially not on the road, and it doesn't lead to a lot of momentum.

Stupid plays by the Bengals, but not common to happen that they'd commit a delay of game at home and unlikely that they'd commit a holding penalty.

False start penalty backed them up 5, which would be unlikely to happen again in the Pit game.

I judge off probabilities, you just make judgements because "it's the Steelers, so it would have gone there way, no matter how improbable.

Well, I've got you to admit that it wasn't a foregone conclusion, which is pretty much agreeing with what I've been saying (despite what the voices in your head tell you).

So, if they had a chance to win, luck wasn't necessarily the ONLY factor involved, which means the Steelers were BOTH lucky AND good, which is what I've been saying all along about the vast majority of championship teams.

Glad to see that, together, we could finally come up with an answer to your question. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky? - JS-Steelerfan - 02-16-2018, 07:52 PM