Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky?
(02-16-2018, 11:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're online right now, and, since you can point to them, post a few in the next minute or two so you don't have time to go searching through the internet for any.

Why would that make any difference?  If examples exist, they exist.  Having to look them up doesn't make them any less true.  Contrary to the way you seem to think, ignorance of a thing doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  

Besides, I already mentioned one earlier in this discussion: when the Pats beat Seattle in the Super Bowl, they got a game saving interception in a very similar set of circumstances to those in which Harrison got his.  Why is that 'luck' for the Steelers and not for the Pats?

Here's some more, off the top of my head (as if that mattered):When the Rams played the Titans, a Tennessee pass came within inches of a game winning score as time ran out.  Wasn't it lucky on the Rams' part that the Titans receiver wasn't two inches taller?

Just this past Super Bowl, Bellicheck benches Malcolm Butler, for who knows what reason.  Foles torches their secondary in the upset.   Would he have been able to do that if Butler's in there?  Lucky he wasn't, eh?  

Sean Payton calls for an onside kick to begin the second half against the Colts, a move many laud as giving them the momentum to win the game.  But that's a move with a very low statistical chance of success.  It literally depends on a lucky bounce of the ball. If it doesn't work, his team is screwed.  Isn't he lucky it worked?  

Okay, this one I admit I looked up (but it doesn't change how good it is): In the AFC Championship game a few years ago, the Broncos won it when they intercepted a two point conversion attempt by the Pats.  But the only reason the Pats needed two is because Gostkowski missed on an extra point earlier in the game.  If he makes that earlier, the Pats most likely tie the game into overtime.  It was Gostkowski's first miss in 524 times.  Wasn't it lucky for Denver that 'Mr. Reliable'  finally missed one?  Denver went on to beat Carolina in the Super Bowl.  Oh, and something seems familiar about this scenario, doesn’t it? Where have we seen crucial goal line interceptions before? Is this one lucky or do we actually give the defense credit?

I could go on, but I think that's enough for now.

All of these are crucial situations that easily could've gone the other way, but I'm guessing you never thought of them as luck.  Why? Because they didn't happen to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky? - JS-Steelerfan - 02-17-2018, 12:56 AM