Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky?
(02-17-2018, 03:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because you said they exist and you had to be basing your opinion off of something.  You can't just say "it's true because it MUST be true," which, since you had to look them up, it looks like that's exactly what you were doing.

That interception is NOHERE NEAR SIMILAR to the James Harrison interception!  I tried to claim that it was a bad call, everyone said that it was a good call and just a great play by Butler!  Pat even started another thread in a very lame and pathetic attempt to mock me called "Biggest Thread Failures" because my thread was called "Biggest Super Bowl Failures"!  (I believe those were the exact titles.)

It took you an hour to reply to this, so I'm sure that all of this were "off the top of your head."

Rolleyes

That, however, is one of the stupidest things you've ever posted, which is saying a lot.  That's like saying "aren't the Patriots lucky that the other team didn't have a 7'6 player with a huge vertical to jump up and block the field goals that they won Super Bowls with?!"

Considering the Pats ranked 30th against the pass in 2017, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Foles still would have lit them up.

Why would his team have been screwed?  It was a play they had practiced and a calculated risk, just a lot of plays are.  They knew it could work because they had practiced it a lot and they executed it.  It wasn't just a lucky bounce.
I'll give you that one, but that's still only one, and you had to look that one up (which I think you did for all of them, which proves my point even more that the Steelers were lucky because you looked them up and could still only find one).

You could go on when you look more up like you did for every point you tried to make, but, even so, only one qualified.

According to you.

The thing about luck is that it cannot be quantified. There is no objective standard by which to measure it, and it is extremely subjective. And the problem with subjective arguments is that the person making the argument tends to define the parameters to fit that argument. You seem especially fond of doing that, by the way.

My examples may not carry much weight, but it’s not because they don’t ‘measure up” to yours. It’s because debates over luck are generally fruitless. They usually boil down to nothing more than differences of opinion. And everyone in this forum BUT you knows how little your opinion is regarded.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Steelers Good or Just Lucky? - JS-Steelerfan - 02-18-2018, 12:34 PM