Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I'd Like To See
(02-14-2018, 01:32 PM)3wt Wrote: I think it goes beyond saying that I'd like to see the Bengals sign at least one quality free agent in the offseason.   Either a blue chip offensive lineman or blue chip 3 down backer who can shed and cover - or maybe even two (gasp). 

But as long as I'm dreaming I'd also like to see the core of the big name veteran players take some leadership and do some work in the offseason to upgrade the younger members of the team.  For example:

• I'd like to see Dalton and Green take a few of our younger receivers (I'm thinking Ross, Boyd and maybe Malone) and do some work with them on routes and timing - maybe host a "camp" in a nice quality warm weather destination and have them do route after route and spend some time breaking down film from other quality passing systems together.  Build some timing and chemistry and maybe break the alienation created by coaching staff throwing certain players under the bus.
  • I'd like to see the DBs do something similar that includes just receiving skills.   How many interceptions did they drop in 2017?  It wouldn't hurt to review some film to do some problem solving with their zone coverage.
  • Have the linebackers, the TEs and running backs do nothing but running and covering routes.
  • Have the offensive linemen do a "technique camp" with Willie Anderson and Anthony Munoz (and maybe McNally?  He's not on staff...).   You hear that there's no time to work on technique during the season.  And now we've been hearing that there's no time to work on technique in freaking camp!!   What's a multi million dollar group of athletes to do???  And it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe look at some coaching film of the Superbowl to get an idea of how good offensive lines operate as a group.
Obviously this would depend on whether the players are rehabbing or not but shoot, if you want to win and go to the big time and coaches don't have time to do anything but install game plans, this would seem to be an answer.  And it doesn't have to be all work.  Go somewhere where you can have fun for a week or two and enjoy when you're not busting your butts.

Ok, I know it's not all that realistic.   But I'd like to know your thoughts.

Dalton usually has the WRs down to his texas house in the offseason I believe.  they have talk about them doing things like that almost EVERY offseason
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Things I'd Like To See - 3wt - 02-14-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - 3wt - 02-14-2018, 01:47 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - XenoMorph - 02-14-2018, 02:35 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - 3wt - 02-14-2018, 03:08 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - Go Cards - 02-14-2018, 03:09 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - ochocincos - 02-14-2018, 03:36 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - 3wt - 02-14-2018, 07:20 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - sandwedge - 02-14-2018, 04:23 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - bengalsdh - 02-14-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: Things I'd Like To See - 3wt - 02-14-2018, 07:44 PM