Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-15-2018, 10:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think seeing a child perform one single task gives you more knowledge than a teacher who has supervised the child for a long period of time.  The girl might have just gotten lucky, but if she had messed up it could have been much more traumatic for her than a child without her condition.

When I was a teenager I had a friend who thought it was okay to drive at very high speed because he had done it before.  When his parents told him not to drive fast he said the exact same thing as you did "Go to hell.  I am driving fast."

Guess what happened to him.

Typical Fred with his typical Democrat mind- baby everyone and just give give give instead of giving people the power to better themselves- and also trying to discredit what an awesome moment this was for the girl and what a learning experience this should have been for the teachers.

How was it lucky that she understood the instructions and followed them perfectly?  Like I said, I instruct kids without issues and 50% of them still mess it up.

Also, you ignore the part about lumping all kids with special conditions together when each one is unique.

Like I said, we need to treat each case individually, empower kids, and give them opportunities to better themselves and not hold them down just because they might be slightly different.

Wouldn't expect anything less.........  keep being you, Fred  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - BFritz21 - 02-15-2018, 11:03 PM