Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-21-2018, 04:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you don't even know how many kids in the audience may have disabilities, but you know all the teachers treat them the same?
I don't know that they treat them all the same, but they're overprotective of a lot of them just because they're labeled with things like Autism.

(02-21-2018, 04:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't feel like quoting what you wrote about 504 plans being over protective or holding kids back from success, but my personal experience as a parent and 504 plans are the exact opposite.
I was just texting my friend with the autistic son and she said there are times where the plans are on point, and other times where they're too difficult or too hard, which goes back to the point about me saying that they're lumped in and overprotective.

(02-21-2018, 04:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He wasn't interacting with her thus he wasn't being over protective. But, you know if he did interact with her he would be over protective if he wasn't already too busy not being over protective. 
He wasn't and I'm not saying he would have been, but he even said that teachers are that way to a lot of kids and seemed disgusted by it, either because they have no choice or because they're not trained properly.

(02-21-2018, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  Give me some specifics.  What are autistic children barred from doing that they can actually do?

And I am not talking about one random child who did a task for you.  I am talking about ALL children with disabilities.  That is the claim you made, so back it up with some specifics.
I'm not saying they're all banned from doing certain things, so that's not a claim I made, which is just another load of bullshit you throw out.

I am saying that a child might be labeled with something like autism and automatically treated differently because of that label.

My friend's son is prove and she also worked with kids with special needs and said that it happens often.  She said that often times 
(02-21-2018, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because gifted children have 504 plans just like children with disabilities and both of my daughters are gifted students.  So I have actually attended 504 plan meetings for my daughters.

So how much time do they put into 504 plans of children with special needs?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - BFritz21 - 02-21-2018, 11:45 PM