Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-23-2018, 02:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: What I meant, and I believe that I've made it clear, is that they're labeled with something like Autism and then treated the same as in being overprotected and not given the chance to reach their full potential.  Teachers treat the label more than the individual child.

Yet, you yourself stated your friend told you the plans vary. Therefore, they aren't treated the same.

Quote:I didn't make a definite statement in either case, but, if he would have been, it would have been because he was afraid of the repercussions of treating the child in a unique manner.  Teachers are most likely told to follow the 504 reports to a T with little-to-no wiggle room.

Earlier you stated the plans weren't always followed. In the above paragraph you claimed the teachers treat the label not the individual. Now you're claiming the plans are followed to the T. How can they follow varying plans to the T and yet treat the label instead of the individual?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-23-2018, 02:28 AM