Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Absurd, and Hopefully Humorous to Some, Hypothetical Question...
(02-16-2018, 10:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. I drank Icehouse exactly one time. Back in 1998 when I was 17, I went to a party where the only person I knew was my girlfriend's bff (she took me there). We drank plenty of Icehouse, some Zima with jolly ranchers (more old school stuff) and Everclear shots. The girl I knew wound up barfing in the bushes outside. I was lightweight teasing her about it, saying "it's alright, we all puke sometimes" yada yada.

Well she goes to a bedroom to pass out, suddenly everyone bails and I'm left alone in this apartment with a couple I didn't know. Then they turned out all the lights and went to bed. This is like midnight. As soon as they hit that light, I got a hardcore case of the spins and puked all over myself and their couch. It was awful. Then they came back out to the living room and told me to clean up...when I could even move. 

They wound up moving me off the couch and cleaning it up themselves.  Sick

Next morning, I found out one of the dudes that left the night before stole my favorite adidas hoodie. Worst night ever. 

I always forget that we're pretty much the same exact age. (I'm 39) I think I may be a couple of years older, but we share a lot of similar stories. Ex: First time I ever was really wasted, was wasted was off Zima. And yes, the girls there did have Jolly Ranchers they dropped in too.  I think I only 5 or 6 but was wrecked. (We also fired up a classy coke can bowl. lol) Was 14 or 15, this was in '94 or so.  I still feel like a gigantic *****.

Another similar story to your other one (I love reading this type of stuff so I figured I'd share too).  I went out with a buddy one night and he convinced me to try shrooms for the first time. I figured why the hell not, we're just chilling here, what's the worst that can happen?  Well, the answer to that mirrors your story.

The guy I was for some reason decided we need to go over his buddies house, who I didn't know at all.  It's kicking in right when we get there. All was good, was having a blast. I think we watched Up in Smoke or some bs.  Anyways, the guy I came with just decides he has to take off but he's going home and his parents won't let him have guests. He said he could drop me off but I didn't want any part of facing my mom in my current state.  So his buddy says, "hey, dude you can stay here".  That works, I thought. Sounds great. (Wrong!)

The guy whose house it was relatively sober (didn't smoke, and definitely didn't eat anything I did). So I'm just sitting there, with some dude I hardly know, kinda geeked out, while he's just nursing a beer. Kinda weird. Gets better...

Then his girlfirend comes over. At this point I'm only like an hour, hour and a half into this experience. So his girls shows up, and it's like 11:30 or something. They choose to go upstairs of course, and he helps get me set up downstairs in the basement. He says, you can crash here but don't turn on the TV down here, my parents bedroom is right over there, so be quiet.  Music was also out of question apparently.

Back in the day without a TV or stereo, what do you do exactly if you're just chilling by your lonesome? The answer was nothing. You sit there in silence, staring at the wall, trying not to freak out.  So I sat for what seemed like forever. Checked the time and it had been like a half hour. So I said eff this, and went upstairs and knocked on his door.

Me: "Hey, man. You got a walkman or something?" 
Him: "No, man. You want a few magazines or something?" (What? Who wants to read Sports Illustrated when tripping?)
Me: "No, I'm good. Just bored."
Him: "Don't freak out about it, dude. Just go to bed."
Me:  "I guess I'll try?
His girlfriend: "Let's go downstairs and hang out a bit."

Cool, I thought. Turns out, not so cool. I don't know these people and we're all just kinda of sitting there making small talk. At this point, I may be just making noises and not words, who knows. But I remember it was awkward. Then they start fighting and talking about all sorts of people and things I have no clue about. So I'm left sitting in a basement, with a couple i don't know, listening to them bicker while I'm on another planet.

Couldn't take it much more, and just decided that I needed to get the frack out of there. So I literally just got up left. Most I might I have said was "I gotta go."  Problem was I didn't drive, wasn't in the condition to drive, and my house was 3 miles away. Didn't matter. I just needed to leave this hell-hole.

I walked home in the pouring rain at like 1 or 2am. Took me over an hour and I was drenched. I was still pretty messed up when I got home so I decided to just sit in my car until it wore off.  I think I may have been listening to Bubba the Love Sponge (Mad rep points to everyone that remembers that show). That was by far the highlight of my night.

I'm still good friends with the guy who bailed, and I still give him shat today for talking me into doing that and then just dipping on me.  He claims he just needed to get out of there.  Yeah, dick, tell me about it. Hilarious

Sorry for the length of the post... (I really should just make this my sig.) Thought you might get a laugh.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Absurd, and Hopefully Humorous to Some, Hypothetical Question... - Wes Mantooth - 02-16-2018, 11:12 PM