Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Absurd, and Hopefully Humorous to Some, Hypothetical Question...
(02-17-2018, 12:10 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You know anything about Blackstar?  I was thinking about ordering a Blackstar HT Stage 60 MK II and giving it a go.

I'm going to shoot you a PM when I get time, cuz I'm sure the non-guitar guys don't want to hear me geek out about my Suhrs and the like.

Real quick on BlckStar: I've heard a lot of good things about them, and they seem more than reasonably priced. I've talked to a few guys that gig with them.  Don't quote me on this, but I think there's some interesting story with that company. Like the employees that started that broke away from someone like Hi-Watt or something (some other British Mfr not named Marshall or Vox).  I'm assuming it was a simple move to do an import line to bring the cost down. Could be wrong though, and completely talking out my arse.

From a guy who exclusively plays at home these day, with an audience consisting of two dogs, and who has way less stage experience than you, I think you should at least consider just getting an Ampifire or Helix LT and run that sucker right into the board or buy an appropriate modeling cab. You can buy yourself a wedge for stage monitoring if going direct too. I know if you're an amp guy, you're an amp guy but the ability to load IR's now has made a huge difference IMHO. Pretty dang close, tons of options... Just playing devil's advocate a little.

You'd LOVE these Suhrs. Love the SS frets.  They're GLORIOUS!!!

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Absurd, and Hopefully Humorous to Some, Hypothetical Question... - Wes Mantooth - 02-17-2018, 12:45 AM