Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declining interest in the nfl?
Gee, I can't even begin to express my sadness over the loss of a few fans who may or may not watch football. 

Oh wait .yes I can in 3 words..

I don't care   

It really doesn't make one tiny eentsy weentsy bit of difference in my life .
I'm a horrible human being ain't I? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think one of the things that has turned me off about the NFL is how the refs have been able to change the outcome of games with questionable call or no calls. As Bengal fans we have dealt with that a lot. However, I have noticed it has begun to spread through the league. Then there's the part of me that says, "That's ridiculous."

This is the biggest reason I have lost so much interest as well.  If I wanted to watch scripted sports entertainment, I would still tune into wrestling.  I stopped watching wresting at around age 12. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not sure if that is tongue in cheek. But, this single is from the album "Pronounced: Lehnerd Skinerd"

Pretty sure that was the name of their gym teacher in HS and they just changed the spelling. 

Think "Pronounced" and "Street Survivors" were their best. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 12:24 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: This is the biggest reason I have lost so much interest as well.  If I wanted to watch scripted sports entertainment, I would still tune into wrestling.  I stopped watching wresting at around age 12. 

Agree and quit watching wrestling at young age too. 

But do not think it is scripted but question that the refs could be swaying it at times. 

With the money that is wagered it is definitely a possibility at times. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Ratings/interest in television are down all over the place. I'm not particularly surprised because I haven't had cable in over 5 years and even then it was only because I lived with other people who wanted to get it and split the bill. Think about how much time the average person fritters away with netflix, youtube, or just mindlessly browsing facebook.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 01:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: just mindlessly browsing facebook.

This describes my wife perfectly.

As for the topic, I guess I'm in the minority because I still love football as much as I always have. Do I get pissed off by the way MB runs my team? Hell yeah, but I still watch the games. One reason why I have Sunday Ticket.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 02:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This describes my wife perfectly.

As for the topic, I guess I'm in the minority because I still love football as much as I always have.  Do I get pissed off by the way MB runs my team?  Hell yeah, but I still watch the games.  One reason why I have Sunday Ticket.

Giving up football would mean giving up so many other things that go with it. Friends, beer, food, and the excitement of the game. 

Reply/Quote