Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling contract question...
(02-22-2018, 07:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Oh I definitely agree on either cutting entirely or reducing greating the salaries and roles of MJ and A.Jones  Also Brandon lafell if someone else steps up to be the #2. ($0 in dead money if cut)

But just the point of those 3 (dunlap atkins and Dennard) are already getting paid well for 2018 so extending them could allow us to push the money around to another year if need be.  which could be used to open more space..     Now I'm not saying the bengals will work that way.. They tend to make sure they pay what they can when they can to avoid cap situations.  But its possible things to do if they are eyeballing someone hard in FA

Nice post Xeno, Lafell definately should be in this cutting discussion as well no question.

There are ways to free up the cap and get Geno, Dunlap and Dennard all long extensions and sign atleast
one OT for an upgrade that will open up the Draft. There are ways, don't listen to that Hobspin sumbitch.

(02-22-2018, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To the point of the OP.  Boling is under contract for another two seasons.  If, in the unlikely event that the team would ask him to move to LT as his primary role, I would say after the '18 season would be the time to think about throwing him some extra $$$.

It's really tough to project how much he would be worth as a LT, after just a couple of games at the position.  Now, if he were to win the job in camp, and kill it all season long?  I'd say it's time to open up the check book and pay the man!

All this makes sense, if we already have the man on the roster that would be great and all we really need
would be to add Andre and a Center early for Pollack to work with. Fisher we never know could also be good
if the heart problem is fixed. I have atleast seen good from Fisher at times, not last year though but if it was
the heart problem which it seemed it was who can blame him?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Boling contract question... - Sled21 - 02-21-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Boling contract question... - Go Cards - 02-21-2018, 02:45 PM
RE: Boling contract question... - Sled21 - 02-21-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Boling contract question... - Sled21 - 02-22-2018, 04:08 PM
RE: Boling contract question... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-22-2018, 07:34 PM