Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel big changes on the way.
(02-23-2018, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all it clearly is not about making "big moves" because I never used any term like that.

And why did you put the word "fixed" in parentheses when we went from 24th in points allowed to 9th?  Do you think it is better to have Joseph starting on a 24th ranked defense or Clement on a 9th ranked defense.  I can't believe people want to  complain even when the Bengals do something that works out well.

Here are the 2011 contracts adjusted for inflation of the salary cap

Clements....2 yr $15.2 million
Howard......2 yr $9.4 million
Lawson......1 yr $4.4 million

Those guys were all solid starters, and although it seems to pain you to admit it the signings had a big impact and our defense got a lot better.

So to answer your question this thread is about exactly what I said it was about in the OP.  I think the Bengals will make more moves than they have in the past few years in free agency in order to try and fix our offense.

My apologies, what I meant to write was "big changes", as featured in the title of the thread.

To second bolded.  Sure, the team took modest action when forced to do so.  I mean, had they just not been stingy with the guaranteed money with Jonathan Joseph, he might have retired as a Bengal, and they wouldn't have had to pay Nate Clements as a rental.  With LB, part of that isn't their fault.  In Marvin's early years, they spent good draft picks on LBs.  Not their fault that bad things resulted from picking Thurman, Pollack, Rivers, Johnson.  Nonetheless, they only signed LBs off the market because they were forced to.  They had already milked every ounce of play that they could from the undersized Dhani Jones, and it was time for Keith Rivers to go elsewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I feel big changes on the way. - fredtoast - 02-22-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-22-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-12-2018, 06:31 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - kdgjr - 02-23-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - SunsetBengal - 02-23-2018, 08:14 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-23-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-13-2018, 02:05 PM