Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel big changes on the way.
(02-25-2018, 11:18 AM)samhain Wrote: I think that there is very little chance of change coming outside FA.  The message is already out from the mothership.  Expectations are being lowered.

I think they'll let Eifert walk and hope that they can squeeze compensatory picks (in 2019) out of him and McCarron.  You can't have more FAs come in than go out if you're dead set on playing the comp pick game, so they'll likely base what they do on that.  This factor makes it an even better decision let Bodine leave and have another outgoing (and awful) FA, but apparently they love the guy.  

Between that and the prioritization of the Atkins/Dunlap extensions, I don't see a serious foray into FA in the cards.  

The team will sell the staff changes as the only thing the team needs to get better.  They will tell fans that they think they are close to being a very good team, and that the core is in place.  They'll also talk about having 11 draft picks and how expensive it will be to sign them, let alone find spaces on the roster for outside FAs with all the rookies coming in.

Leonard Leap gave the list of nobodies that were the Bengals comp picks and to say the list is underwhelming would be like saying Mike Brown is doing an underwhelming job at GM.

Bengals fans do not get excited about comp picks anymore. I wish they would just concentrate on resigning the players that make our team better instead of stupid extra picks that we waste anyway.

I swear, if they asked Mike Brown and Tobin " Hey guys we are going to do a hypothetical World War II draft and you can pick the countries that you think will help you the most"  they would have picked Haiti , Paraguay and Latvia because they like its potential.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I feel big changes on the way. - fredtoast - 02-22-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-22-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-12-2018, 06:31 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - kdgjr - 02-23-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-23-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - bengalhoel - 02-25-2018, 12:31 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-13-2018, 02:05 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-13-2018, 03:34 PM