Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel big changes on the way.
If I had to guess what the Bengals will do this offseason ?

1. Resign Bodine then draft a center in round 6 or later center to " compete" with Bodine. Then Bodine will beat the draft pick out for a starting spot because that guy will more then likely suck.
2. Resign Andre Smith to another 1 year deal and that will more than likely be it

My expectations are low but if I had to be "realistic as sad as this is" I'd rather them sign some 1st round busts like Jonathan Cooper and Greg Robinson to one years deals as reclamation projects over guys like Bobby Hart and maybe hope they workout ? It's something the Bengals have done many times before, bringing in former 1st round picks and trying to rehab them.
I would also see if Cody Glenn is still available for a trade before the draft. The free agent tackle class is weak and if we get a veteran left tackle it could open things up at number 12. Maybe trading a 3 and a 5 for Glenn would work ? We would still have an extra 3rd round comp pick. Like last year we can't use every draft pick again because it will be hard to get them all on the roster. So maybe if we trade for Glenn and say Nelson the guard is still their at 12 we could draft him then use a 2nd to get a starting LB. O-line would look better and we could maximize all our assets vs just using all our draft picks and then cutting some of them because they all can't make the roster.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I feel big changes on the way. - fredtoast - 02-22-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-22-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-12-2018, 06:31 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - kdgjr - 02-23-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-23-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - lone bengal - 02-25-2018, 07:34 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-13-2018, 02:05 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-13-2018, 03:34 PM