Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Derwin James Off The Table Now?
(03-12-2018, 06:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No way, far too expensive to trade up that high and the Bengals value numbers over quality when it comes to draft picks 
In the past, yes we have, but that's only because draft picks were cheaper than free agents (aside from top picks) and that was when Mike Brown was controlling things, which it seems like he has relinquished control to Marvin.
(03-12-2018, 07:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: who knows people fall all the time and the one big gripe about him is that he fits that safety/linebacker discussion that teams get into.  maybe someone falls down to mid teens and we move back up to get a guy.  i could see us giving away a 3rd or 4th comp pick to move up.  I really just don't see us investing a first round pick into a safety or linebacker its just not what they do.
See below.
(03-12-2018, 08:30 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Trading up in the first for a safety/big nickel guy does not seem like something that the Bengals would ever do. If they DID trade back up, I would assume that it would be for a linebacker should Smith or Edmunds fall.

It wouldn't normally be something the Bengals do, but James is a unique enough player that he would be worth it and could do so many things for our defense.

He's a ball hawk and a leader, he can play in the box or center field, he can cover tight ends, rush the passer, and he just has a non-stop motor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Derwin James Off The Table Now? - BFritz21 - 03-13-2018, 02:23 AM