Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict.
(03-14-2018, 06:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Honestly... We should be lookin for burficts replacement anyway. He's one more concussion or suspension away from being done in the NFL.

Yeah, I know, our defense sucks without him and all that. But let's be real: Burfict isn't reliable. He's fast approaching the point of being more trouble than he's worth. If Oakland is indeed interested in trading for him, I say strike while the iron is hot.

(03-14-2018, 06:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Bingo.

As much as Marvin loved Burfict in the past, I think he's grown tired of his antics.

You almost sound like you wish the rumor was true.  

Let me tell you this.  Early in the Marvin Lewis years, they went big on LB picks.  For one reason or another, virtually none of them ever achieved full glory as a Bengal.  The one bad boy, UDFA flyer that Marvin picks turns out to be The Super Destroyer.

He may be hated by fans of other teams.  He may be a bit of a liability for concussions and suspensions.  But, you know what?  He is exactly who you want going to war for you, every Sunday afternoon.  The guy leaves it all on the field. (albeit sometimes to his detriment)   As far as character, you've got him all wrong.  That dude is a true champion.  He rose from the ashes of not even being drafted, to being one of the premier players at his position.

I wouldn't trade that guy for anything.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict. - SunsetBengal - 03-14-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - CJD - 03-14-2018, 04:55 PM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - Nati#1 - 03-14-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - treee - 03-14-2018, 05:16 PM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - snowy - 03-14-2018, 05:17 PM